About Me

My photo
Hello, all! I am 25-years old and married to my dream man, Luis. I have a 10-year-old step-son who is a great kid and the two best pets anyone could ever ask for; Sam, the cat, and Sasha, the dog. I have a good steady job (that's code for "it's kinda boring but I'm thankful to have a job at all") and live in hot and humid central Florida. This blog is a mixture of everyday life, poems, random topics and fictional short stories. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Three Poems

These I wrote when I was about 14-years old.

"Weep Not, for Here is Love"

Weep not, for here is love,
unconditional and proven with time.
Love that flies on the wings of a dove,
love that tastes sweet as wine.
A love that is not for money or for charm,
but for your soul alone,
It shall do you no harm.
Come, dry those tears upon your cheek.
My love for you
is the love of which I speak.
Weep not, for here, my Love, am I.

**************************************

"Love, Thy Depths Cannot Consume Me"

Love, thy passion does mock me.
Thy hand is ever plunging
my heart into the
Depths of this sea of
desire for that which
Cannot be mine.
Consume my heart no longer.
Love, thy grasp shall loose me.
No more do I give in.

**************************************

"The White Moon"

The white moon,
It dances without noise.
Its silvery beams play in the branches of the trees.
The night dances in a pool of light,
Singing harmony with the moon.
O, sweet harmony that soars on the wings of the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment